IDEAS is seeking a communications intern to assist full-time in producing content on our research in education, finance, policing, governance and other topics. The intern will be concerned primarily with helping maintain the IDEAS website, social media, podcast, blog and email newsletters. Interns will not only gain experience adapting research for a wider audience, but will also have exposure to leading academics working to engage research with policymakers.
IDEAS is looking to hire an intern immediately. This is a paid position. There is also the possibility of part-time employment, for which payment would change accordingly. This position is based in Lahore, Pakistan.
The intern's responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Send posts out on social media
- Upload posts for and maintain website and blog
- Assist in podcast production
- Prepare occasional email newsletters
- Assist in preparation of communications progress reports
- Assist in preparation for events and seminars
Desired skills and experience:
- An understanding of development in Pakistan
- Bachelor's candidate or recent graduate in English, Communications, Journalism, Political Science, History, International Relations, Economics or related subject
- Excellent writing skills, particularly the ability to translate academic research into clear prose anyone can understand
- Ability to remain organized while managing multiple tasks at once
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
- Familiarity with building email newsletters
Not required, but preferred:
- Experience using content management systems such as Wordpress and Joomla!
- Ability to edit and record audio
- Graphic design skills
- Strong written Urdu
- Ability with Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and/or Audition
- Photography skills